Monday, August 16, 2010

Taking Schooling on the Road!

Taking schooling on the road is never cheap. It is almost always fun but that comes with a price! Today we went to the Atlanta History Center and it was FREE for homeschoolers! This is one of Atlanta's "best kept secrets"!! (according to some paper we read).. It really is an awesome place. 33 acres of gardens, museums, old homes (fully furnished with the stuff from the early 1900's) and a small area of buildings that had been moved from other parts of Atlanta to depict life prior to the civil war. The boys learned everything they could fit in their brains about the not only the Civil war but flash forward to the 1996 Olympics (also a huge part of the center)! We did skip the golf part of the museum because of lack of time and interest..... There were a couple parts that we did not get a chance to see but I feel sure we will be going back.













After our whole day (10:45 to about 4:15) we did a little (tiny) bit of shopping at Hobby Lobby and then headed back to the S's for dinner.... WS cooked us a great pasta meal (one that I will be cooking soon!!) and then while the boys played and WS ate zombies, KS and I sat out on the porch talking.... I love my life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a great day, finished up with a great evening! I am so thankful for you...ALL of you! :) Looking forward to the next trip...