Our friend Stephanie is an artist that we have gotten to know. She and her mom work her booth every year and it is always so good to see her at DC!
Part of Zman's costume of LOTRO character which was a Loremaster (a type of Warrior) was his colored hair. We decided on Silver even though it was covered by his hat! He liked having his hair colored for the day!
A BIG highlight for me was to meet Larry Hagman (Jr from Dallas). KL had been talking about him for a month and I was so happy to have my photo taken with him and ask him to call KL to wish her a happy birthday! He actually sang to her and because she did not answer her phone! Now she has it in her messages forever!I love my boys! They really enjoyed their costumes this year and wore them all weekend! Nana would have been proud! They got good use out of them and they look forward to wearing them on Halloween as well!
We did well with our sandwiches (which I can honestly say even I got sick of!) Our boys got to the point where they just did not eat rather than eat one more sandwich! We rationed the milk pretty well and did not run out of soda which is always a good thing! We had lots of laughs and of course some tears (would DC really be DC without tears??) I think the boys had their best year ever! I so owe the bigger BS an autograph tho....
So with this DC over and behind us we now have the task of working on next year... Going to take some time off and then start at it running.... Going to be an interesting next year but I look forward to it! Each year is new and exciting and I don't doubt that next year won't be just as new and exciting for us all! Many in our group taking next year off which they are all pretty excited about and well deserved!!
No comments:
Post a Comment