Friday, September 24, 2010

September CT trip......

Our Northern trip was fabulous and we all had such a great week! The boys were able to skype to their dad so that was fun (thanks to the S's!) Seeing everyone at KEH's birthday party was awesome! We were thrilled to be able to introduce the S's to all the family that they have been hearing about!!

The boys enjoyed having the animals stick their head in the car and eat... We only lost 2 buckets which was not bad. The camel (whose sign reads "We steal and eat buckets but please feed us anyway") did take BS bucket as quick as he put it out there! The Longhorn who thought that he needed a ride WITH US took that bucket and it really was so slimy that I decided to let him have it rather than try to get it back!!
It did not take us very long to cipher out that staying in a nice hotel with a pool and hot breakfast was a much better option than staying in the CHEAP hotel that offered "free morning coffee" as their only amenity.... We were 11 miles from the Safari park where we wanted to take the boys and it really was an awesome way to spend our last night on the road!


It seems that getting lost is not always a BAD thing...... The boys (and Katie) wanted to "see" NYC... I took them over the Tapan Zee Bridge on the way up and once I got up north, everyone said "you should have taken them over the GW"... Yea, NO. Was not up for going thru NYC and over the GW.. On the way home my directions failed me and you should have seen the look on Katie's face when I told her we were in the BRONX!! The whole experience of going thru the Bronx and over the GW was fun for the boys and us but when I heard the ding of the gas light my stomach sank. I debated weather or not to actually tell Katie that we MIGHT get stuck on the GW depending on traffic but I figured she had to know.... We made it, got thru and got off in NJ to get gas but I held my breath the whole time!
Our last night in the north was surrounded by family which was wonderful! KEH was a real peach the whole week and we so very much enjoyed her company and playing with her!

No comments: