This was a big weekend. In the eyes of a teenager's mom, this was a VERY BIG weekend.... Q's first formal was this weekend. As I choke back a mixture of different emotions, I look at my tall son and wonder where on earth did 15 years go? Because this first formal comes at the cusp of driving, there were drop-offs and pick-ups and carpooling to arrange. There was dress clothes to pick out and nerves to settle. The pre-dance dinner at the olive garden gave a big part of the kids a chance to relax and giggle.....
Quentin got to meet a new friend who he had been talking to thru another friend....
Once he got to the dance he met up with his beautiful date and gave her a wrist corsage.
Lastly, just before Katie and I left, I took a group shot:
Overall the kids had a great time! This is the first that is going to lead to so many other firsts..... I still see my first born baby in his eyes but behind those eyes is a kid that can't wait to break free......




No comments:
Post a Comment