Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring has Sprung!!!

     Spring is such a great time of year!  So many wonderful happenings in the Spring!  I love the breath of fresh air coming thru the windows,  the cool nights, and the yellow everywhere that means things are blooming!!  I can look forward to fresh veggies and ripe fruit.  My family can grill out and spend time late at night BBQ'ing down at the pond!

     Spring also means almost done with school.  We take a major after-Tax season break the beginning of May to go on vacation with another family and we have done it for years now!  Of course you know that two Home School families traveling together can not leave school behind and we are always in search of new things to learn, new activities to do and something that will inspire conversations, inquiries, and research material!

     Time4Learning has been such a blessing for us!  During our traveling times we have been able to "take it on the road" with a simple laptop and very little interruption in the boys normal school day!  T4L has enabled my boys to see snippets of books on their reading list and has gotten them excited about some books that they would have never picked up before.  The Black Stallion and The Giver where both books that neither boy would have picked up to read if they had not had pieces of them in their everyday school work and asked me to buy them the whole book!!! 

     Our BIG spring vacation will be filled with exciting trips to the beach and lots of pool time!  Zman got a new metal detector for his birthday and he is sooooo excited about bringing it to the beach and finding "treasures"!! 

     Qman is planning on taking his learners when we get back.  That is both exciting and frightening for me.  As excited for him as I am because I know how I was to get my learners, I am so scared because I look at my young sweet face of my eldest child and see him at 5!  Thankfully the curriculum we use has taught him some responsibility and independent study and he is able to delegate his time accordingly to pass his learners test!
     Qman needs to get thru his formal, Z is going to his best friends house for a couple days, Scott has a Kevin Smith thing in Atlanta to go to and I hope to go Scrapping with Mom and Katie before we all leave and don't see mom again for a month!  Busy busy busy......    In between we have school work to do and cars to clean and get ready, the house to get into shape and clothes to pack!!!  Not to mention I have to get my 3rd toon to 90!!! 


No comments: