Friday, April 19, 2013

Tax Season??

I have to say as much as I enjoy Tax Season being over, I HATE  that is is already the end of April (well, in my brain it is the end of April!) I am thrilled that there is no testing this year!  Last year I had the pleasure of taking BOTH my Tax Preparers test and my Insurance test.  I have to say that I used my insurance studying as an example for my boys....  I carried my books all over 24 hours a day and always had notes open.  They got a good look at how book studying goes.  This year I only have to do my continuing education which is not nearly as hard!
Because of the way their Curriculum is set up, they don't actually have to "study" a lot before taking a quiz or test. Time4learning is what they use and because each course and lesson are broken down so wonderfully, they just slide into a test or quiz without really much hesitation.  Because I can watch what they are doing each day, it makes it very easy to keep a close eye even when I am not at home...   Last year during my really busy time at the tax office my youngest son decided to "save up" his end of chapter tests for a couple weeks.  I signed on to the Parent login one afternoon to see how they had been doing and spotted what he had been doing! 

Tomorrow we will be building our "bird feeding station".  We are very excited about this because we got our new camera and we want to attract some birds to take photos of.  Since we have put in our new "window wall" we can see the area that I have been dying to put my bird bath and some bird feeders!  My boys get so much with their T4L courses but "hands on" building of everything from fence posts to full-on beams is so nice to have!  Tomorrow we will be building This:
It won't have the bottom part because I actually want to help the grass grow under the feeder and this might help!  Qman is going to help us since the Zach is hanging with friends this weekend!  Will post when we get done!  It will be a work in progress but I'm thrilled to be able to see what birds we attract!!




No comments: