Today I worked on the floor and then we had a lunch date with the couple next door. Mom and I had a great time chatting with Don and Evelin and while we ate lunch the boys swam in the pool. The park has a lunch thing every Wednesday and we were invited to join, known as "The Skilton Kids" we talked Don and Evelin into eating up at the club house and it was nice to sit and chat with everyone from the park.After lunch one of the ladies offered to give the kids a ride in the golf cart and they enjoyed the ride through the park while mom and I walked home. The boys loved the cart and enjoyed it.

When we gathered some stuff up we headed down to the ocean to play in the water.
Of course it looks like the boys are having a great time, they had not even really gotten wet when Zachary started screaming for all he was worth. SCREAMING. My first thought was that he had maybe cut his foot or hand on something and I was looking for blood. Nope, the child bent down to pick up the prettiest blue/clear/purple blob of something in the sand.
It turns out that the Man O' War had invaded the beach and about the time he tried to pick one up, one of the surfers had gotten stung.We went to the life guard stand where they naturalized it with vinegar and put hot packs on it immediately. Not knowing really how it was going to effect him, we swung by the fire station where there were several EMT's on duty and they came out and talked to him. He is now full of ibuprofen, sitting with his hand in HOT water. From what I read the severe pain can last 2-8 hours and it will start to hurt him under his arms and in his groin as the poison works its way through out his body.

Mom and Quentin left to get some HB rolls and a movie and hopefully we will have a quiet night. Zachary says his hands (yes, he got both of them) feel better but they hurt pretty bad now and then as the poison works its way through. I remember the years of the jelly fish but I understand this is pretty much worse.
Wish us luck..... Lots of painkiller and him getting spoiled is going to be the way tonight and tomorrow... poor little Zach, said he does not care to go back to that beach again..... :(:(
3 comments:
OMG, the poor guy! That's awful. I hope the poison works it way out quickly. Yikes.
Oh, my, that's terrible! Poor Zachary. Sure hope the pain subsides quickly and he is feeling a lot better soon. Hope he doesn't loose any love of the ocean due to that unfortunate incident.
I HATE JELLYFISH !!!!!!
Tell Zach we are thinking of him and wish him a speedy recovery.
We are NOT annonymous...We sent the above message.
Post a Comment