Every year we go to a nursing home in the area and sing carols and wish the residents a Merry Christmas. We have done several projects in the past that we have handed out to the people but last year and this year we made wreaths for the doors. Last year wreaths were really cute but took a great deal of work so this year I came up with the idea of using all of the Christmas cards that I have been getting people to save for me.
Each child cut out several hands out of many cards and then the adults put them around a piece of cardboard. We then called each child in to sign their names and J. made the ribbons (they are actually a pretty felt green but look black in the photo.)
I was happy with the way they turned out and pleased that it took very little time and mess to do.We did not have a chance to practice singing but with the added help of Jo's husband we did not actually sound to bad.

The kids usually give out bananas to everyone but Quentin decided that we needed to give out candy canes as well so we did both and it was very fun.

After the singing we headed over to J's house and had a lunch and enjoyed each other's company while the kids ran and played. It was a wonderful warm day and very fun to hang out and chat with the other parents.... Conversations were interesting and our little group is growing closer and closer.

Kati and Bailey rode with us and when we got back to the house K and I went shopping which was so fun. I did not get a great deal of work done and was pretty tired last night but it was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment