Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Smokey The Bear Pays a Visit.... Our Week.....

Monday came and I was a sloth!! Yes, just a horrible sloth... The boys did their work and did extra, played on the computer, picked up some stuff and went to Karate... I was a sloth and enjoyed hours of GG's season 6 on DVD... (thanks to my dear husband)..... I managed to write a couple articles before finding myself back upstairs curled up with my pillows and heating blanket snoozing away.....

Tuesday morning alarm came much to early and I was showered and dressed for work much too early for my own good. Dad and Mom were on their way to the base for Dad's stress test...

Work was boring and I left early stopping quick at Walmart to pick up a couple things and then off to home to put a ham in the oven to have a real meal and then write another article and do a review and then eat a quick meal and get to Cub Scouts on time.. (late..)

We had a guest tonight of Smokey the Bear and his chatty pal..... The boys enjoyed it and then one-by-one we tested each boy for their bobcat requirement. Next week they will officially test and hopefully on the 18th before our Christmas break they will all be awarded the bobcat badge so we can begin to work on the requirements out of their books.....

Wednesday is my day to catch up on articles and the boys to do a little more extra school work. Thankfully I have nothing else planned other than maybe a run after Scott gets home.

Thursday will find me in Athens all day tending to Pat and then Thursday night we will be at Barnes and Noble to wrapping gifts as a home school group project. Any tips we get will go for a home school trip. We are doing it with the S's and hopefully mom will come along!

Friday will be more writing of articles and then off to home school group to practice our Christmas singing for our nursing home trip along with a project to bring the elderly there. Friday night will be the H parade where the boys will ride again this year in the Vette with Sid and us crazy people will throw candy in the cold.... for miles and miles.....

Saturday morning will come early for us and find us back in Athens where the boys will be doing the Loop-a-rama with the cub scouts from all over GA. The boys will be earning their belt loops and pins in Archery and BB guns and their belt loop in Volleyball......
Saturday afternoon the boys will head for a sleepover to the S's! They are really looking forward to that! It will be Zach's first sleep over at a friends house so I am a bit nervous about that but because of where he is going I am a little bit more at ease about it.... Maybe Scott and I can see a movie or do some shopping.. That would be nice......
Sunday the S's will come over for dinner and maybe a movie... Hopefully Mr. X and Pamela will join us as well.. Will have to officially call them and throw an invite their way but can't always get P to answer her phone (I tried tonight to call and invite but no answer..... ) Hope she is feeling better.....
P was not feeling great so I wanted to check on her but maybe she was already in bed.. Maybe she will read this and call me.......????

Have not talked to Grammie and Popey to see how they are doing.... Popey is being "quiet".. no small task for him... His next appointment is in the middle of the month so keep fingers crossed on that...
43 degrees and dropping.... really pretty chilly!

No comments: