It Takes A Village

Our family's capricious, eccentric, boring, and mundane journey through life and Home Schooling with the loving and constant help of everyone around us.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our thoughts are with Her!

Our friend Courtney is in stable but critical condition after her second surgery. She still has yet to regain conciseness but has a great deal of support and love around her for when she wakes up.....
ATHENS, Ga. -- An off-duty Athens-Clarke County police officer was stabbed by a man in a grocery store late Tuesday night, police said.Athens-Clarke County police said Sgt. Courtney Gale was working off-duty in uniform at the Kroger grocery store on Alps Road in when customers alerted her to a suspicious man opening meat in one of the aisles.When Gale approached the man, 44-year-old Steven Anthony Eberhart, he lunged at her with a butcher knife he allegedly stole from the store and stabbed her several times before customers and workers pulled the man
off of her.Eberhart was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a law enforGale's condition is unknown.An account has been set up for Gale
at SunTrust Bank.
Anyone interested in making a donation may do so at
any SunTrust Bank or mail to:SunTrust Bank
Attn: Heidi Spratlin
1022 Prince Ave.
Athens, Ga. 30606cement officer, aggravated assault, felony
obstruction and misdemeanor obstruction.
Posted by Tracy at 3:59 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that's awful! I'm keeping her in my thoughts. I hope she pulls through.

December 13, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Followers

Favorite Quotes

Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life. Smiley Blanton

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

~ Bertrand Russell, Earl Russell

"Happiness is in the comfortable companionship of friends" Pam Brown
"The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by Surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us" Ashley Montagu
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." Helen Keller
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." Louisa May Alcott
“If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.” Henry David Thoreau
Not only is our love for our children sometimes tinged with annoyance, discouragement, and disappointment, the same is true for the love our children
feel for us.
Bruno Bettelheim
“Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.”
William Arthur Ward
“You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.”
Jim Stovall
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
~Japanese Proverb
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa
When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity. ~John F. Kennedy, address, 12 April 1959
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
— John Quincy Adams
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
— Albert Schweitzer
No matter what our achievements might be, we think well of ourselves only in rare moments. We need people to bear witness against our inner judge, who keeps book on our shortcomings and transgressions. We need people to convince us that we are not as bad as we think we are.
— Eric Hoffer
Your opponent, in the end, is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump. Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices, your level of determination.
--Grace Lichtenstein American Writer & Editor
Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions.
Woody Allen
Seek that which within lies waiting to begin the fight of your life that is everyday.
Ian Anderson

The Donation Center

About Me

My photo
Tracy
I love almost everything about my life. My world is made up with a few close friends and both my family and my husband's family. As a homeschool home mom, I spend just about every waking hour with my kids: not changing it for anything but enjoying little bits of time where I can drive or go running with the music loud, deep thought. I don't like drama. I have started writing stories and enjoy it. I like spending fun/quiet times with my husband. I love traveling to be with my family up North. I love working with my dad and spending time with my mom; they are my heroes. I love playing cards with my mother-in-law. My brother and I spend hours on the phone, sometimes talking, sometimes not, but our relationship is that of total comfort as adults and we have fun playing WOW together. I enjoy laughing with my friends and crying over a good movie. I love my computer and would be lost without it. I enjoy when I can get deep in something I am writing. I don't like having the TV on and often have music playing. I try to do the right thing and together my husband and I are trying to raise our children to be the best that they can be and encourage them in any direction that they chose to go.
View my complete profile
homeschool curriculum

Find out what Kati, Walter, and Bailey are doing!

  • Bailey's Site!
  • Walter's site
  • Kati's Site

Kristin"s Blog and her home school blog

  • Schooling Site
  • Kristin's Ramblings

Favorite Friends/Sites

  • Qman's site
  • Zman's site
  • The Tacketts
  • Dad's blog
  • DragonCon!!!
  • Carrie's Blog!!
  • Dose O' Sherri
  • My Helium Writings......
  • My AC writing page
  • HS Blog Project
  • VooDoo Babies
  • Stephanie's Site (Artist!)
  • Dragon*Con

Blog Project

  • Home Scholing FTW
  • Home Schooling Slow and Easy
  • The Old Farmhouse School

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (11)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  April (9)
  • ►  2011 (12)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  February (2)
  • ►  2010 (91)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2009 (164)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (17)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (23)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (20)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2008 (325)
    • ►  December (38)
    • ►  November (16)
    • ►  October (24)
    • ►  September (39)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (17)
    • ►  June (20)
    • ►  May (38)
    • ►  April (31)
    • ►  March (46)
    • ►  February (26)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2007 (178)
    • ▼  December (34)
      • HAPPY NEW YEAR!
      • Working Begins!
      • Check out Photobucket Shots!
      • Your families are in our Thoughts tonight
      • Christams Excitement
      • Rock Band Fever!
      • Spending Christmas Eve with Family!
      • Judy and Gene's-- Christmas Eve!
      • Merry Christmas!
      • Christmas Eve is Here!
      • The Boys help Nana!
      • Scott has Work Party
      • Courtney and LisaD
      • Boys Awards
      • Our Lesson in Money
      • The best article to read, Sgt Courtney Gale
      • It Does Snow in GA
      • Our Thanksgiving Dinner! ~~~ finally!
      • Our tree goes up!
      • Cleaning up is so Hard to do
      • Courtney Update and The boys project
      • Friday's Trip
      • Now thats a Computer!
      • Our thoughts are with Her!
      • HI!
      • Yuppers, it's Yellow!
      • Loop-A-Rama....
      • A Yearly Tradition......
      • Wrapping at B&N
      • Boys and their Toys!
      • Goodbye old Friend......
      • Smokey The Bear Pays a Visit.... Our Week.....
      • Meeting up with Family.... Sat/Sun
      • Riding on Dad's Pony........
    • ►  November (29)
    • ►  October (43)
    • ►  September (40)
    • ►  August (32)
online learning
Awesome Inc. theme. Powered by Blogger.