Well tonight the Cavalier is no more. On the way home from work tonight Scott hit some loose gravel and the Cavalier decided that it wanted to drive through the woods rather than stay on the road and took Scott for a joyride that was no fun.Both airbags exploded, he took out a dumpster that in turn took out a meeter on an electric pole going to a Church and came to rest on its side.

Scott is fine with the exception of a few burns from the airbag and a bit of stiffness in his face where the airbag must have gotten him. I was about 3 minutes behind him going home as well. We had been to a type of community service project and then to dinner with the S's.

The real kicker was that at 3am this morning on the way to work he blew a tire and had to change it in the freezing cold and then went this afternoon to buy a new tire. I almost told him to go ahead and put two new ones on but was going to wait another couple of weeks to put the second one on after I had thought about it.
The boys, thankfully were riding with me and mom in my van but where very shaken up to see their father's car buried in the woods on its side. We are all a bit shaken, thankfully we all wear our seat belts or I could not imagine what we would have come up on.
5 comments:
So sad about the car... nice blog.
Check out my blog if you get a chance: eight-thirty.blogspot.com.
Glad you are safe, my friend, my brother. Possessions are replaceable. You and your family are not.
I'm so glad he's okay! How scary for all of you. Airbags do a lot of good but they can leave some nasty injuries themselves. I hope Scott feels better soon.
Holy carp! (or whatever type of fish gets a better exclamation)
Glad Scott's ok. Mr X. said it exactly right.
-Mark
OMG!
wow.. and i got bit by a my friend's dog too...
glad to hear Scott walked outta that with minor injuries... but still have him all checked out for internals... they built that really good i guess..
wish the best to him on his recovery...
Post a Comment