Sunday, April 27, 2008

Phase 1 begins

It is actually nice to say to your 7 and 9 year old "Grab that screw gun and take out those screws"! Every opportunity to work with their hands is a great thing and even if it is taking something apart, they can do it!
Thanks to their grandfather for teaching them how to use tools, take measurements and not only take things apart but build things as well! This project with them is going to be fun and they are really going to enjoy their new room so much more that they are able to actually participate in building, painting and designing!
The painting has been interesting so far.... Some of the quotes thus far has been "Q--- get your butt out of my face".... "Look! I can make a "Z"!....... "side to side? Really? Oh yea, that works so much better!"...... "Break time!" (that one has been frequent!) We are just primering right now so I'm not worried so much about quality, Scott and I have been going behind them but soon they will be experts at painting!

Stay tuned for more!

The kind of commitment I find among the best
performers across virtually
every field is a single-minded passion
for what they do, an unwavering
desire for excellence in the way they think and the way they work.
Genuine confidence is what launches you out of bed in the morning,
and through your day with a spring in your step.

Jim Collins

No comments: