
So let me tell you about this tea container that is probably as old as Zachary. At some point in its life I sat it to close to a burner and it melted, not all the way through but enough so there was a big indentation on one side. It has been bleached so many times that the design had faded long ago and there was a slight outline of what used to be on the outside. And my family loved it!
It was one of those comfort things, when you opened the fridge and saw the tea container there, life was good... especially if it actually had more than one glass of tea left in it.
Today I was getting ready for Kati, Walter and the boys to get here and I needed to make tea. I washed it as I normally did and noticed that there was a ring around the spout and I did not have time to bleach it so I pushed on the little button, sending the spout down as far as it would go so that I could clean it out the best I could. While pushing my finger slipped and I noticed the rubber button went almost all the way through to the spout! In a panic I got a knife and tried to pry it back out into position, cutting a slit through the rubber and thereby ending the seal that prevented the tea from seeping out the top!
I knew it was bad when Zachary came running out on the deck and with hands on hips and said "What is the tea pitcher doing in the trash?" I knew he was going to be upset because his fingers just got strong enough to do it by himself.
Tonight Quentin yelled from the kitchen, "Mom? Did you actually break the tea container?"
Scott's response was, "Can it be fixed? did you try to pull the rubber thing out??"
problem in this? I can't find another one, trust me, I have been looking and the only one that I can find that is similar is glass and, well, you know me.. I would drop it and it would shatter all over my kitchen!
1 comment:
Oh no! I send my condolences. :o) We understand about losing things like that...mostly we understand because I break things. A LOT! :o) Nonetheless..."Taps" is playing in my mind as we lay your pitcher to rest... :o)
Post a Comment