So, as I sit here at 1:46am on Sunday night/Monday morning, waiting to wake my boys up to go watch the meteor shower I think how very lucky I am. How many parents are actually up and planning on waking their children to head outside to lay in a field? Yes, we will deal with grumpy kids tomorrow but it is going to be so worth it for them to see "the best fire works show" of the year....
I'm going to go, put on my shoes and gather a blanket and wake them.... I am truly blessed to be able to share in this wonderful show!
3:07am...... I got the boys up and they woke up Scott. We headed up to the flying field where we first stopped by Nana's to see if she wanted to join us. Grandpa stayed in bed but Nana said that she would be along. We laid the blanket down on the ground and each found a spot. It was nice to lay out there and listen to the night noise and the sounds of the boys' sleepy voices chattering away. Each time we saw a meteor they would gasp and point into the air.... We saw several big ones and one even had a kind of explosion to it which got lots of oohs, and aaahhhs.....
Scott is now headed off to work, Nana went back into her house and I hear the boys in there, chatting away. I had been playing Wow with Kati and Walter tonight, the three of us deciding it was better just to stay awake then try to sleep and setting an alarm... Waiting until 2am to wake our boys and show them the wonder of a meteor shower.
I am so glad that the boys got to see it, they asked a million questions and tomorrow (later today) We will read all about this one from stuff I printed off today. Someplace I read that the next really good one is going to be around 2027 and Nana suggested to Quentin to throw a "Meteor Party" when it happens and as we laid there, the boys figured out how old everyone would be at his party! Gnight all and Sweet dreams... PS.. Happy Birthday to Scott and Tyler!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment