
I pick up Qman second from Karate. I enjoy our chats on the way home when it is just he and I. He had been reading about Family Trees in his new Boy Scout book and asked me if there could ever be an end to a family tree. I told him yes and gave him a pretty good example of a family we know who's family tree will end with them. Of course part of my example had the phrase "And they decided they don't want children". His opening for a conversation that I had been prepared for, just not expecting.
It went pretty much like this:
"Hey mom, what do you mean, decided not to have kids?"
'Well, they just choose not to have any."
"How do you decide not to have them?"
"What do you mean Quentin? You just decide not to."
"No mom, how does it happen?"
"What happen?"
"Kids? Where do they come from?"
"Haven't we been through this? They come from a mommies belly"
"Mom! I know that, but how are they Made?"
"umm... Well.... Ok, so it takes a man and a woman and they should be married."
"Ok, Ok, I know that but how are they actually made?"
"Hmm, ... ummm..... Ok, like I said, from a man and a woman....."
"And they should be married.. and they should love each other very much..." "And...... well,......"
At this point I was ready to pull the car over because I just knew that I was going to drive off the road..... Where was Scott???? I needed him now!!! Could he wait? knowing my son.. nope... SCOTT!!! I NEED YOU!! I was ready to go on and fully explain the birds and the bees but not wanting to yet in his young life when from the back seat I hear these words...
"So the married man and woman Bond?"
"YES! Thats it! You got it! They Bond!"
and then I get,
"Can I play computer when I get home??"
Of course my precious son, you can.
1 comment:
And then there's Sunday...
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Post a Comment