Friday, August 17, 2007

Post-H S gathering....

Sooooo, our post home school gathering was to meet up with Walter at our house. I arranged for Kevin and Walter to meet there and talk about Walter's writing and Kevin's drawing. Hopefully good things will come from that meeting and I will keep you up to date on how that goes!

Kati and I rode from the meeting back to our house with the four boys who were excited to be able to spend the day together! It was all prearranged and I was looking forward to our visit.

K. and I chatted all day about this and that... Finding more similarities in our families, home schooling, what we like, dislike, and how we raise our kids. I still find it amazing that we have found them; or rather, they found us..... And I am overjoyed that everything flows so well with the 8 of us.

I am amazed at how well Bailey, Quentin and Zachary play together and little Braeden joins in when he feels like it. That little kid has my heart and I love being around him!

The four boys went swimming and Walter, Scott, Kati and I hung out on the deck and talked. It was a wonderful afternoon and addition to the home school meeting.

We threw some stuff together for dinner, everyone lending a hand and enjoyed a pretty good meal considering I pretty much grabbed a little of everything out of the freezer; sometimes those are the best.

After a bit of guitar hero, 80's edition, Kati and I decided to head to Dairy Queen and get everyone ice cream. I have to admit that I did partake in the treat and enjoyed every ounce of the creamy delight! On the way home we were met by a wicked storm and by the time K. and I got in the house we were soaked; everyone standing on the front porch to meet us, laughing for all they were worth!

Kati and I chatted about the Boy Scout meeting while Scott and Walter had a couple WOW lessons. We needed Walter to play a warrior last night with Jen and Cory but it did not work because they did not have BC (the newest edition) loaded on the computer. We sent W. home with the discs to load BC and S. gave him a few lessons on playing the toon.

The boys enjoyed every bit of today, (theirs and ours) and of course there was the normal "I don't want to leave, go to bed, etc.." But we will see them tomorrow at our first Boy Scout Meeting! Wish us luck...

No comments: