Sunday, March 16, 2008

Company, Storms and Fun!

The storms rolled through several times on Saturday. Both Dad and Chandra called from uptown saying that the tornado siren was going off and that there was major hail, rain and such going on. Have not heard of any tornadoes but the storms were pretty bad.

The S's came over and the boys were excited to see that D was still here. He ended up staying until after dinner. The 5 boys had fun playing on computers, playing the WII and just generally doing laps while having some kind of sword fight around the house.


Meanwhile.... The adults were chatting, playing Rock Band and making dinner. We drifted in and out to watch the storm and look at the dark, menacing sky.

Dinner was "Glunk"... made famous by my GaGa...... I wish I really knew how to make it... I have really made several batches trying to perfect it to a taste that the whole family enjoys. Yesterday was pretty good... I used chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup which gave it pretty good flavor. (Of course, prior to putting the chicken back in and putting anything else in I "sifted" the chucks of mushrooms out because I hate those little slimy things...) I added the chicken back in and put in carrots and then about 20 minutes before we ate I added rice. Of course we were playing Rock Band while I was cooking it and last night when I was putting it away I noticed that the very bottom burned a bit so now I am not really looking forward to cleaning the pan!

The S's left pretty early (well... I say early but it was after 9pm....) The kids went to bed and Scott and I tried to watch a movie... We both fell asleep...

Watched a great movie again last night... Juno.. A must see for everyone. Also Scott had me watch a great documentary something about donkey kong; also a must see for everyone...

No comments: