Saturday, March 22, 2008

HS Easter Party!

I just love this photo of the boys! I had so many (as you can imagine) of all the kids and so many of the boys that I could not decide what ones to use. Oh well..... Here are some of the good ones.

It was a great day, the sun was shining and there was not a cloud around. Our HS Easter party went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time!

You can tell that the kids are getting older and it was nice to see the friendships between all the kids. Everyone in our group is very comfortable with each other and it really makes our gatherings very nice.

A few weeks ago we had a little boy/girl thing go on with the girls overpowering the boys and that was handled very nicely and this past Friday there was not an issue when the kids broke off to play. The girls really do rank in age although the boys rank in numbers and I must say that the girls really did tear the boys down a bit. Thankfully all the adults involved treated the situation very well and it was really nice to have things addressed the way that they should have. The children did very well again and everyone left with smiles and happy memories.

The kids were starving so opted to have lunch prior to the egg hunt and then the adults went and hid eggs. My littlest (the nosiest child in the group) kept coming up to where we were hiding eggs to "tell me" one thing.... The last time it was to give me a hug and kiss and "tell me" he loved me...... He really is so much like me sometimes.... Mom, I'm sure, can reflect back at my "need to know" as a child!

After the egg hunt it was really neat to see all the kids sitting around opening eggs and talking. Just before it was time to go they all got into a mean game of hide and seek!

I went back to work and finished my day. When I got home we had dinner with Mr. X and Pam and then watched a couple episodes of Dr. Who! It was a great night that ended with Mr. X's cars battery dead which we had to help jump start. :(:(......

I have been called into work today for a bit and I am heading to our corporate office. The boys are going to finish up their pine wood derby cars with Grandpa.... Going to be another pretty day and hope I get home in time to do some chores that need doing. I have got to work on the house and boil some eggs so the boys can decorate eggs and then get ready for Ham and scallop potatoes (requested by dad) for lunch tomorrow.

Hope to have all kinds of company today and tomorrow.... Should be a pretty full weekend.

No comments: