Sunday, March 2, 2008

Trikke Weekend & some extra stuff Thrown in!

Well now.... There is certainly a HUGE difference between riding around a parking lot and actually riding on a bike path! Our Trikke adventure began about 1:00 as we headed out of the big E with very much excitement to hit the Silver Comet Trail for two days of Trikking with Mark!

Q had to point out that we had gone "2" miles...
I had to work in the corporate office until about noon and we left soon after we were packed! It was not long after we reached Mark's that we headed down to the trail. I did not have high hopes for doing very well and knew that since we had only had about 2 hours total on our trikkes since we got them that things would probably not go well. Boy was I not only wrong but cheerfully so! Saturday we did 2 miles!!! The boys did so well although Zachary was frustrated and very tired, as soon as we pulled back into Mark's he was ready to go again!

The boys had a good time in Mark's house, I think it is the first time that they have been there..... I'm sure it is a shock to his system when we are all there, since everything has a place and he has his own routine.... HAHAAAHAHAHAHA.... I'm glad he is so relaxed and easy going and not really shook up about us taking over...

We hung out for a while and discussed this and that and then decided to head to Dinner. It was a toss up between Habachi and Long Horns and the boys decided that Long Horns was the way to go.... After a great dinner we headed home and watched a pretty good documentary and then all passed out (or I did at least! since I had been up since almost 5am!)... It was well after midnight by the time the boys calmed and went to bed.

Sunday morning came with Hot Coffee (that my wonderful husband went and got me at the QT) and a quick breakfast and then we hit the trail again! We got to the 1 mile marker and decided to push on..... At the 2 mile marker we turned around and although we walked some of the way back, (because it was seriously up hill) we did 4 miles today!

I do have to mention that the bikers on the Silver Comet trail are a bit "full of themselves" and take themselves a bit to seriously.... One shook his head at me when he tried to pass me on the left and there were people coming the other way... To which I said "You really going to shake your head at me??" ( A tone that had no mistaken connotations of "you want a piece of me??")


By the end of our 4 mile trikke adventure we were very excited and charged. I would have liked to go again in the afternoon but I had a DC staff meeting to go to and everyone was hungry and thirsty at that point.

Our next trikke adventure might be next Friday when we head into Atl for the Flogging Molly concert that we are going to with K, W, Pamela and Mr. X.... We are going to crash Thursday night with Mark and hopefully have a good trikke run Friday morning. (if Mark the slacker can get at least the morning off!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you guys had such a good weekend! Great pics!

Can't wait for Thursday night! :o)