Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday... Oh Happy Sunday!

Sunday is good for... hmm... Family? Projects? Rest? Relaxation?? It is now 5:30pm, 70 degrees and we just walked in from our Trikke outing... It is official, yup, no denying it, (and might just not surprise a few of you) I am a Soccer Mom... Not in the sense that I am going to "push" my kids beyond their limits or anything but today proved that as encouraging as I can be about something physically active with myself, my husband and my kids; I can be just as opposite! Shocked? Today I about had Zachary ready to pack in anything and curl up in a hole.... Not that bad but it took a while for Scott to talk him out of being so discouraged. It was not so much my tone or words that effected him as my trying to "encourage" him a bit to strongly to do something different and better. I don't know exactly how to describe it but as it was happening I could not turn it around, nor could I fix it because then I just got mad. Poor kid... Scott talked him down from atop the van and got him to give it another go and he actually did much better on our last run...

To begin the day we spent some time at Grandpa's house after the kids sketched their cars out for the pine wood derby Grandpa was nice enough to cut them out for them. Then both boys sanded theirs down and we went down to help Grandpa with his computer a bit.

Then it was off to MiMi and PopPop's to give PopPop his birthday gift. We played some cards (which we have not done in weeks and weeks.....) Chatted with Jeff about some ROTC awards he got last night and played a bit with Zelda! She just did not want her photo taken but she is so very cute....

After Q, S and MiMi beat me horribly in cards we headed downtown to find the gate locked on the fairgrounds where we were going to trikke. Unfortunately they have had problems so they don't leave it open anymore. Defeated there we headed over to the hospital but found that the walking track was full of storm debris and packed the trikkes back up and headed over to the school. It is getting warmer and warmer and I am happy to report that the 4 of us are doing very well in our trikke adventures... (after I get over my soccer mom attitude that is>>>)Gotta love this photo of "The Punch".... Dad looks great doesn't he? He has been doing great at getting a bit more fit! Qman did not even see this punch coming! Someone call DFACS!

Aunt Joyce is back in the hospital to get her meds straight. I hope they get everything worked out and she is able to stop on the way home and get home with out having a problem!


Checked on the kitties and they were fine.... Waiting to hear from Mr. X on his expected arrival time. Pam will be heading home about 5am tomorrow so she gets home in time to teach her night class.

Oh and ps: "read between the lines" goes out to the Cousin who is probably stretched out on the couch right now taking a nap! YOU SUCK!

No comments: