Like I need more projects..... I have decided that I am going to stain my back deck. The deck that I worked on at Shala's house came out so nice that I got me some of the same sealer, (I liked the way it looked on her deck) cleaned off the deck and started painting on the stain. The boys helped me. (to the best of their ability, to the best of their ability, to the best of their ability.. I must often remind myself of)..
We cleaned off the deck, removed the sections that covered under the house, swept it and mopped it with bleach water to get it clean. The boys were excited to "paint" and just seconds before these photos were taken my wonderful youngest son dropped the whole paint brush into the bucket! I could have predicted that and prepared for it but sometimes I think, "Na, he will be okay..."....
We only did a small section today. I tried using the mop to put it on, just to see how it would work and look. The boys were playing tick-tack-toe in the paint (well, about that bad...) and although they have had paint brushes in their hands from the time they could hold them, they still tend to go from side to side and around in circles.. Someday they will get it!

I have to get my dad to help me so we can start back on the boys room. They will have plenty of practice painting when we start that!
They did well and we shall see how it comes out and then I will do another section... Wish me luck with the whole, "We don't want to do anymore, our arms hurt" which is what I got when they were mopping!
This sums up Quentin and Zachary... Any Clue which is which??
The world is full of willing people,
some willing to work,
the rest willing to let them.
~Robert Frost
some willing to work,
the rest willing to let them.
~Robert Frost
No comments:
Post a Comment