Saturday, October 6, 2007

I find it interesting......

I find it interesting that we have been getting "disconnected" from the internet for split seconds of time, particularly in the morning, for about the last two weeks. It is not horrible, but the disconnect time is just long enough to interrupt my online radio, my IM (causing me to go off line and back on again) and to throw the boys off their school work for short, quick fragments of time. Again, mostly just in the morning times. (but it did happen a few times when I was trying to talk to someone on IM late the other night)
So finally I got sick of it and called Bellsouth. Not something I enjoy doing because in order to actually "talk" to someone is a pain. While going through the whole "How can we help you, please tell us your problem in a few words" intro, computerized thinngy, I would say "I'm being disconnected from the internet"
Recording: "So, you want to disconnect your internet? I will connect you with our consumer line who can help you cancel your account. Is this what you need?"
Me: "No."
Recording: "In a few words, please tell us what the issue is"
Me: "My internet connection is being interrupted"
Recording: "So, you have an interruption in service due to lack of payment? I will connect you to our consumer line who can help you pay your bill. Is this what you need?"
Me: "No"
Recording: "In a few words, please tell us what the issue is"
Me: "operator"
Recording: "I'm sorry, I don't recognize that answer, In a few words, please tell us what the issue is"
Me: "Technical issues with computer dsl"
Recording: "I'm sorry, I don't recognize that answer. Please hit the number following the department you are looking for"
I was finally able to talk to a real person and explained my issue. Of course, it is not Bellsouths fault and he told me to do several things before Bellsouth will come out and see what the problem is. Then I said:
Me: "Do you want me to email you the disconnect log?"
BS: "You have kept a log" (his voice changing drastically from condescending to somewhat concerned)
Me: "Yes, of course I have a log"
BS: "Does it list all the time you have been disconnected?"
Me: "From the first day until now, timestamped with the date and each time that I have been disconnected."
BS: "No, that won't be necessary. Please do the steps that I asked you to do and if that does not work, please call us back"

Remarkably I have not been disconnected again and for the last two days I have seen At&T truck down at the switching station.
I find it very interesting that we have not been disconnected and even though they said it was "not their problem"..... it seems to be fixed... Hmmmm, the wonders of the "powers to be".....

No comments: