Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Fair.... I HATE the Fair.......


The Fair is in town... I HATE when the fair is in town..... I hate going, I hate spending the money... I hate everything about it.... Okay, not everything.. I like watching my kids get all hyped up and Zach's eyes gets as wide as quarters and he gets all jumpy... more than usual!

Nana was nice enough to take the boys at 5pm. From 2-5 is seniors hours and they can get in for free.... The funny part about that is NOTHING is open and no one is around... So she showed up at about 4:30pm with the two boys and there was really nothing to do.. They had to wait until 5 until everything started opening up.

I got back from Athens about the time it was pouring at our house. Uptown at the fair was fine.... Until later that is... And then it hit hard!

Scott and I headed up there around 6 or so.. Did I mention that I HATE the fair? Next year I think that I will have a better time because the boys actually rode some cool rides and I will buy a night thing and join them on the "adult" rides next year... So, maybe next year I won't say that I hate it so strongly!

Mom headed out shortly after we got there, she had the boys all day and then ran around the fairgrounds with them several times so she was pretty tired by that point! Mr. X called in his "fair food request" and then continued to call with weather updates.. Needless to say we were about 7 minutes off on the whole rain hitting us thing and got soaked by the end but it was time to stop anyway! Scott and I were thrilled that the rain came..

We met up with the Jones clan and ended up taking C.J. with us... The photo is blurry but it is a cool shot so I'm throwing it in..

Next we met up with Judy who followed around watching the boys and then Jeffery found us. Jeffery was playing with his band on the stage at 8pm so she had a little while to wait and hung out with us...
Jeffery was so funny with all his "emo" gang... Scott and I had a laugh..

Mr. X continued to call to give us Live Doppler updates.... which was very helpful prepping the kids for leaving time...

I did not run into anybody I knew which is not a bad thing.. lol.. We did see a girl that looked to be about 14 years old who had a baby in a stroller, a toddler walking alongside and one in the "oven"... Seriously.... She looked to be in her "teens"... Imagine that?? OMG...

Scott's amusement while waiting for the boys on rides was to count crying babies... I thought it was a cruel way to pass the time but oh well..... It was amusing him.

Eventually the rain did come and we bolted for the gate, depositing C.J. back to his parents and grabbing a quick bag of cotton candy for Q and a funnel cake for Z and of course Mr. X's order.....

Next year will be better... I will buy a ticket and the boys and I can ride all the fun rides!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Party pooper. I love the fair! Funnel cake with powdered sugar. Mmmmmmmm, Zach can share with me.

I love that house below. I want a tree in my main room.