Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Time4Leanring makes my kids silly at times.......

I love these photos..... The boys were working on their school work the other day and decided that it would be more fun to do science together. As you might or might not know, Time4Learning is their curriculum this year and it really has helped us so much in so many areas.

This morning I was surprised at Zachary who breezed through his math, a subject that he struggles with. Zachary was learning the concept of rounding up and he seemed to grasp it very well. I was happy when he took his test and scored 31/32 problems, actually getting one wrong with my help! I miss-read the minus for the plus and directed him incorrectly, all the while saying that the problem was not fair because it gave him to many steps... You would have to see it to understand but trust me when I say that because of my "blond" moment he did not score 100%!! OOps....

Quentin and Zachary made sure that we put Mentos (mint candy) on our shopping list as well as a cheap bottle of diet coke for a science experiment that they are going to do when Scott gets home! They are very excited to do it and have their notebooks at the ready waiting (not so) patiently.......

I believe that both boys are doing well with their lessons and being able to work at their own pace is really working out well for them. We are pushing Quentin a little harder these days, trying to get him to advance where he really needs to be. He tends to love to learn but also tends to be a little lazy...... Hmm.. shocker there!
"The aim of public education is not to spread
enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many
individuals as possible to the same safe level,
to breed a standard citizenry, to put down
dissent and originality."
~H.L. Mencken

No comments: