I have a favor to ask of everyone and anyone that reads my blog..... This is my son. My second born.... He is a very smart little boy who excels in English, hates math and loves music. His name is Zachary and he has the most tender heart of any child I know. (The other day at the soccer field he got all upset because two of his friends were arguing and they got in trouble.)He usually will share anything without you having to ask him and he loves hanging out with his brother, cousin and friends.
Zach is a self taught reader, last year when we were working so hard with Quentin to get him to read, Zachary took it upon himself to learn on his own. He finished all of his kindergarten work in a very short time and by Christmas of last year was finishing his first grade work and moving into second grade. This year with T4L he is doing 3rd grade work and moving toe-to-toe with Q.
Zach has one huge problem that I just don't know how to solve or help him with it. Zachary has very little self confidence and I don't know how to "build" it up in him. He plays soccer and does Karate alongside his brother. He learns things quicker than any child I have seen (just this side of Cory in amazing me at his retention)
So, now my favor..... Both boys have a blog now.... In the back of my mind I think that it is great and I am making it part of their daily lives. For Q it means growing in writing, grammar, punctuation and reading. For Z it will hopefully be a tool to help him building his self confidence even more. I hope that hearing comments others make will somehow plant in the back of his mind that he "can do it" and he is successful..... He has to write the posts to get the feedback and he loves signing on to see what people have written!
I guess that my favor is really two-fold.... Anyone have any suggestions on how does a parent build self confidence in a child and 2. could you please take a few minutes to leave a comment on his blog.... I am sure that leaving one on Q's blog will be easy because he is older and not only has more to say but has the ability to sit still longer to post more but just know that Z is trying and does it all on his own... (well, scott helped him with his last one because he was getting frustrated.)
I thank you in advance for everything... Happy reading!
"The child must know that he is a miracle,
that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been,
and until the end of the world there will not be,
another child like him."
~Pablo Casals
that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been,
and until the end of the world there will not be,
another child like him."
~Pablo Casals
No comments:
Post a Comment