Monday, October 8, 2007

My Sunday... Our Sunday....

If somehow I could have included my mom and dad and Scott's mom and dad into my day it would have been my "perfect" day.

I got up and messed around on the computer and then did my dishes (that is far from the perfect day so I will change it to not including picking up or doing dishes...) Betty came and picked me up and we went over to the house to "finish up".. I say finish up but there is one thing left to do and I will be done! I enjoy spending time with Betty so even working on the house is enjoyable.

When I got back, Jeffery was sitting at my computer in his new letterman jacket that he is very excited about. He is doing very well in school and we are all so proud of him. The boys were up in the field with Mr. X, doing their Sunday lesson. As I stood at the sink watching them on the swings talking, I thought about how much the boys get out of each person that is part of their lives. The bond that is ever-growing between Mr. X and the boys is so special. I watched them and wondered what they were talking about but smiled at how intently they were talking. I enjoy the interaction between them and it was nice to see from afar.

It was not to much after 2 that the S's arrived. I had been making GaGa's "Glunk" for dinner and was tending to that and also making rice crispy treats as an extra little snack for us all. The Glunk was coming out pretty good but I have to figure out how to add a bit more flavor to it. I really enjoy it and only make it with chicken, long grain rice and carrots. Quentin told me today that it is really good but needs some more carrots. I did not know who all would be eating because I had also invited Mr. X and Pamela to come up.

Shortly after the S's arrived, Kati pulled out Halloween candy necklaces that each boy could make. They had fun putting them together and then eating them all afternoon. The four boys play so well together and it is fun to watch and listen to them.

I had to go back out to the house and look at the two places that were causing trouble. Kati wanted Walter to see it anyway so it worked out well. The three older boys went up to my mom's house and worked out Quentin's creations of "bagbabies" and we all headed over. Mr. X rode with Jeffery and picked up Pamela. We toured the house, checked out the spots that I needed to check out and headed back home.

Kevin H. had called earlier and we called him when we got back. He showed up and ended up staying for dinner and a movie as well. It was fun with all the adults sitting around the table talking and laughing. We ate and then had cake that K&W brought. Someone made mention of a movie that Kevin, Kati, nor Walter had seen and Mr. X went home to get it so we could all watch it.

Braeden came in with the adults at one point and crashed on Kati's lap. When the movie was over they carried him to the kitchen and began the leaving process. Kati handed him over to me so she could use the bathroom. He was so warm and cuddly on my shoulder and I (for a split second) thought how nice it would to have another one... But that is okay.. We have little bits of Braeden and he will due when the feeling happens to take control of my brain.... :):)

I carried Braed out to the car and the S's loaded up.. Kevin, Mr. X and Pamela all left and we rounded up our boys to get them into bed.

Just overall one of those really good times, surrounded by friends we love to hang out with, laughing, eating, joking around and watching a movie...

"Friends, you and me... you brought another friend...
and then there were three... we started our group...
our circle of friends... and like that circle...
there is no beginning or end."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go Away! BATIN! HAHAHAHAHA! :o) We had a GREAT time Sunday and we can't wait to do it again soon!

Btw...LOVE the quote!! :o)
Katie