Friday, September 14, 2007

The Bells Host their First Cub Scout Meeting!

Today we hosted our first cub scout meeting at our house. The boys were so excited to not only host it today but to find out that our family camp out will be here as well! We finalized the plans today for the camp out that will be next weekend.
The meeting went well and all the boys are very excited for next weekend to come and be able to camp out and receive their badges and belt loops that they have earned. We have a lot of work to do this week but I know it will be well worth it in the end.
The list of activities is long and I don't know that we are going to be able to fit everything in but we are going to give it our best shot! They will be learning about tools and building bookends, fishing, cooking over and open fire, learning bike safety, tie-dieing shirts and they will be having a flag ceremony with their grandfather instruction (which I am pretty excited about).. They will learn how to fold a flag and how to properly handle a flag and how to raise it and lower it off a flagpole. Dad is moving his flag pole up to the circle where we will be camping. I am thrilled that this is being introduced now and all the boys will be learning such a great thing!
After one family left because of work obligations, Kati stayed with Bailey and Braeden to swim and play. The boys were upset that the other boy had to leave early and not sick around to play with them.
They loved having the "B's" hang out though and really wanted to invite him to have a sleep over but the "B's" still have their cousins staying with them and had to get home.

Scott got home while the boys were still in the pool and he, kati and I hung out and chatted a bit.... It was nice but we missed Kati's husband, Walter, who was home working and entertaining the girls....

Now common, Braeden stuck a doo-rag on his head and grabbed my sun glasses and you can't tell me that he is just not the cutest thing that walks the earth! All our boys are soooo cute but he is just at that age where just everything he does/says/wears is adorable!
"I don't remember how we happened
to meet each other.
I don't remember who got along with whom first.
All I can remember is all of us together...always."
- Unknown

No comments: