
The Parade at Dragon*Con is a HUGE event! Thousands of people line the streets of Atlanta and enjoy watching as cars, professionals, celebrities, groups and just plane funny people wander by.
Streets are shut down, traffic is halted and Atlanta does not know what hit them for an hour or so..... Erik Estrada was at the show this year, Mom and Judy actually got to hug him and got his photo and autograph. I could not make it down there to see him in person but Scott took this great shot of him in the parade! He is my all time favorite CHIPS dude and I was IN LOVE with him for years..... Boy he sure did age well and is HOT as ever!I never make it to the parade, I think it is nicer to let my staff that wants to go or has children go and enjoy it.
I love coming home and looking at all the photos of it though! Of course one of our staffers is a Ghost Buster (Cliff who is on the far side of the road) and Zane (Cliff and Cathi's 3 yr old has his own GB suit.) When we ran into Zane at the Mexican resturant, Zach asked him to say Ghost Buster and Zane said "I ain't got no pack.... " So Zach asked him again to say GB and again, a bit more sternly said, (growling) "AARRGG, I ain't got no pack".... At that point he threw up his arms and ran away!..... lol.. Got to love him! (he only had his pack on a short time and I missed the photo op....)As they said on the news, "These people are your kids teachers, your doctors, your banker....." Once a year in Atlanta 30,000+ people enjoy walking away from their "normal" lives and join together for the best 5 days ever!
Granted some of those that attend D*C spend their lives dressed, or w/e, but for some, this is their only chance to be among others who share similar interests!


It does not matter if you enjoy gaming, comics, movies, reading, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, space, TV, or just weird and unusual stuff.....
It give some a chance to give up the lab coat for corset, a belly dancing outfit or to be Luke Skywalker for the weekend.....

D*C gives some a chance to experience another genre that they would normally have never even thought about being involved in.
No comments:
Post a Comment