


One of the activities we had was to teach the boys about the Flag. How to handle it, how to respect it, how to raise and lower it, and how to fold it. Dad was responsible for most of this and with Kati adding the official Boy Scout Cerimony in the middle of the instructions everything went off very well. The boys paid careful attention, took everything very seriously and did a great job.


By Sundays ceremony they were able to do most all of it themselves and Dad stood back and was able to watch them perform the tasks that he was solely responsible for showing them. All 3 boys did very well and remembered almost all of what dad and Kati told them.

It was amazing to watch, when they put on their uniform and were faced with what they had to do, they did it without fooling around or joking..... I was very proud!



Cheers for the sailors that fought on the wave for it,
Cheers for the soldiers that always were brave for it,
Tears for the men that went down to the grave for it,
Here comes the flag!
~Arthur Macy, The Flag
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood
Cheers for the soldiers that always were brave for it,
Tears for the men that went down to the grave for it,
Here comes the flag!
~Arthur Macy, The Flag
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood
No comments:
Post a Comment