"Power is created in the mind, Rooted in the feet, developed in the legs, directed by the hips, transferred through the torso, focused in the feet or hands and felt in the spirit." -- C. J. Doyle

Today Scott, Pamela, Mr. X and I went to cheer our friends on in Greenville, SC. John (Shazz) and Tracy (Sin) competed in the South Carolina Governor's Cup, Tae Kwon Do Championship with their club, Ray Smith's Tae Kwon Do.
Their club took First Place Overall (again) and we were thrilled to see John get a Gold and a Silver and Tracy take home a Gold!
The day was very exciting and it was fun to watch and learn. I was sorry that the boys had to miss it but they had obligations of their own.
I was very impressed by the Ray Smith Club. They were an extremely proud group that had excellent sportsmanship. You could tell that much was demanded of each and every one of them to have respect for what they were doing, who they are and for Master Smith.

"The true value of the martial arts is not in
100 victories but in the perfection of the character of the students."
-- Gichin Funakoshi

After the competition was over and everyone was packing up we loaded up the van and headed home. We stopped in Anderson, SC to have dinner at Long Horn's Steak house and the meal was absolutely incredible..... Yes, even the "funyuns" were good..... (some kind of onion thinggys that I have no idea what they are really called, that is just what I heard them being called.....) It was great to hang out and the six of us really had a good time! Laughing, eating and continuing to enjoy the day......
We met up with Mom, Q and Z coming back from their soccer photos and the boys were thrilled to hang out at Pamela's and Mr.X's house, eat their Chinese (take out that mom got them) and visit with Shazz and Sin!
1 comment:
Sorry I couldn't make it.. Go Shazz and Sin! :)
-Mark
Post a Comment