Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Staff, Our Friends..... DC Store Booth!

The biggest part of my life at D*C is the most fun for me. Here is the before set up and then a shot of the booth set up...... I LOVE making sure everything is filled, merchandise is in everyone's face and there are loads of stuff on the counters to look at, pick up, hold, and buy! I like "stacks" of things to catch someones eye and am constantly "filling" to make sure everything we sell is out and can be touched! Although this year I was out of sorts because we were moved to the Hilton, it was still a good year. I think our booth looked good, the staff worked well and everyone worked their butts off! Here are some of our friends...... We just don't get to see them often enough!

Because the boys are getting older, mom and Judy spent way more time in the booth helping this year and that was nice. I have had about the same staff for several years and even though we had some new "rules" and accounting things that we had to follow, I think we did well. Next year we will work more and more on inventory controls and things will hopefully run smoother and smoother each year.
I also am excited to get some new inventory; slowly we are selling out of things we have had for 10 years!

I love being part of D*C, I enjoy seeing everyone that I have worked with for so many years. I love the store and getting new product in. We stay busy most all the time and everyone is great to fill in, check in and cover for each other!
Behind mom and Judy you can see the boxes of t-shirts that they folded. They are sitting at the t-shirt/eating/kid playing/"look what I bought", everything else table that we had off to the side! (this photo was taken Monday and everyone is a bit tuckered out!)
Each year we try to beat out the last year's sales and the 5 days fly by so quickly for everyone that it is sad when Monday comes and we have to say our goodbyes! It is nice having such a small staff and having everyone get along! I used to work in the office and that was probably one of the best jobs that I ever had, I loved the "action" of the con back then.... I don't think that I would ever give that time back... The store now though, is great fun and it has been nice having the same faces year after year trying to make our little corner a success!

No comments: